Six Foundational Principles of Ancient Jewish Christianity
Are you a spiritual person? A mature Christian? The apostles do not think that you are unless you have mastered the basic principles of the oracles of God. The writer of the book of Hebrews wanted to present his readers with some exciting thoughts about Jesus. He wanted to start exploring some heady insights about the work of Messiah, but he felt frustrated because his readership seemed unprepared for these deeper, spiritual lessons.
He wanted to go deep, but his readers were still shallow. They did not have the basics down. He wrote, “It is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food" (Hebrews 5:11–12).
Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,
not laying again a foundation of
- repentance from dead works and of
- faith toward God, and of
- instruction about washings,
- the laying on of hands,
- the resurrection of the dead, and
- eternal judgment.
In Elementary Principles, D. Thomas Lancaster takes readers back to first-century Messianic Judaism to explore what he calls “an apostolic catechism," the foundational basics of discipleship to Jesus of Nazareth. Think you know it all already? Get ready to rethink your religion. This book of “basics" challenges common Christian assumptions while laying out clear, biblical definitions for all followers of Jesus.
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food. (Hebrews 5:11–12)
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
US and International
- First Fruits of Zion primarily uses UPS and US Mail (United States Postal Service).
- Orders received Monday thru Thursday are normally shipped within 48–72 hours.
- All orders are sent out at standard rates and usually arrive within 8–10 days (15–20 business days international).
- First Fruits of Zion in Canada uses only Canada Post.
- Orders received Monday thru Thursday are shipped within 24–48 hours.
- All orders under 500g are shipped using Regular Parcel and take 7–10 business days.
Resources can be returned, in resalable order, within 30 days, or according to the individual product return date, for a full refund or exchange (minus the shipping fees).